The recent review of the emergency ambulance service has been released to the public today and is available to read on this website.
Quotes from the review
The report highlighted a number of positive points about the St John Ambulance & Rescue Service, including:
- SJARS have been providing a well-respected ambulance service.
- The skills of the SJARS workforce are critical to health care on the Island.
- A highly motivated SJARS workforce.
- SJARS is a critical stakeholder in the current and future pathway of care.
- SJARS road staff have an excellent reputation and are well thought of in every sector.
- The day-to-day working relationship with HSSD staff in the provision of care is excellent on both sides.
- The Review team were impressed by the commitment and professionalism of the SJARS management team.
- There are opportunities for SJARS and HSSD to develop the role of paramedic across a number of acute services.
- The main view that has come out of communication with ‘users’ is universally a positive response to the perception of the service and all its staff.
- The current model of service has evidence of safe and effective conveyance.
- Ambulance clinicians link very well with primary care clinicians.
- Staff take great pride in working for SJARS and felt it had the potential to be the best job in Guernsey.
- The Brand of St John is well loved.
Posted: November 8, 2013