If you’re under the age of 18 then we have something for you as well.
Badgers are our youngest members starting at just 6 years of age. They work through a programme developed to enable young people to learn essential life skills in a fun and safe environment. Badgers work towards getting their Super Badger award and badgers can choose from 15 subjects to help them achieve this, such as ‘Creative’, ‘Global’ and ‘Wild’ Badger. Once a Badger reaches the age of 10 the Badger can become a Cadet.
Cadets start at age 10 and guided by youth leaders, Cadets take part in an interactive and full programme, working towards their Grand Prior Award. The programme enables young people to learn important skills in a fun and safe environment, but with challenge and excitement appropriate to their age.
Cadets can choose from over seventy different subjects to help complete their award. These range from Fire prevention and Photography, to Sports and first aid.
Aside from learning first aid, Cadets can partake in a variety of other activities, and support tasks to help out adult members of St John. Some of them are listed below:
- Assisting St John adult members whilst providing first aid cover for public events.
- Radio communication work.
- Leading and training groups of Cadets.
- Competitions such as ‘Cadet of the Year’, ‘Young First Aider of the Year’ and the Cadet Quiz.
- Fundraising for St John Ambulance and other charities.
- Completing awards such as the Grand Prior Award, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and the Amalfi Challenge.
- Taking part in Drill and taking part in various parades.
- Socialising at organised recreation events, ‘fun nights’, camping, youth balls and other away trips.
If your child is interested in joining us then please contact us for more details.